Previous Page

Carmichael Elementary School Centennial Celebration & Open House

Community Event, For the Family, Children

Carmichael Elementary School is celebrating its centennial anniversary this school year. The school, formerly known as the Carmichael School, opened as a two-room building in 1917 at the corner of California and Sutter avenues. Daniel Carmichael donated 10 acres of land for the school to be built. In 1920, a second two-room building was built next to the original building. The campus continued to expand through the 1950s to meet the demand of a growing population, and a second elementary school was opened in Carmichael. The school is planning a Centennial Celebration and Open House event on May 9, 2018 and is looking for alumni and former staff to provide stories, photos and memorabilia for the event. Individuals that have items to share are asked to call (916) 971-5727 or to visit the school office, located at 6141 Sutter Avenue in Carmichael. A save the date flier is available with additional information. For the latest updates on the Centennial Celebration and Open House, visit www.sanjuan.edu/carmichael100.